Friday 26 January 2018

On a Mission from God

Volkon kneels in front of the Abbot and bows his head.
"Your Eminence, that you should offer us a boon as payment for our work for your god humbles me. But there is so little I desire, my sword is great and I would never want to replace it. And my friends offer me the best protection that I could desire."
"Is there nothi ...", the Abbot begins.
"But ..."
"... yes?"
"But, I should serve them better were I better armoured.", continues the Red-Headed boy.
The Abbot laughs. "Go on."
"I have heard of a great Armour only bestowed by the gods. It weighs but a feather, but can stop the devils own scythe. And, with a prayer can gift the power of the angels and lift you into the air."
The Abbot stops and thinks. They boy is clearly not as naive as he looks!
"I have heard of this. Celestial Armour it is called."
"I will pray for it. And so should you my son!"

Celestial Armour, 2,550 gp (+3 Chainmail, light armour. Can be worn under clothes. Fly once per day)

5 comments:

  1. Ah Brother, I'm afraid it only comes in blue but you are most welcome to it. :)
    ...
    Volkon gets some pretty impressive magical armour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Well, I was very torn between this and Mithral Breastplate+4 - which comes in at just under the 30,000. I would have had a better AC and actually better skill rolls. But, I just have to love the flying ability. Once per day, true, but still *fly*!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping that it'd only last for a few rounds but, after looking it up, it's actually five whole minutes with a flight speed of 120'!
    :S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice, I think it costs a bit more than 2,550gp though.
    Feeling very pedestrian with you and Bastien flying...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are of course right. I missed out a '2' reducing the cost by 20,000gp!

    Hey, only 1 fly per day - I am still just as likely to be stuck in a pit as the best of us!

    ReplyDelete