Monday 23 January 2017

Good boy Greyclaw!


Reading through the books yesterday, I spotted a potential problem for Volkon.

Unlike ‘Familiars’, ‘Animal companions’ are merely loyal animals and as such need handling and training.

As Greyclaw has a whopping intelligence score of: 2, he can learn 6 tricks normally plus 1 for being a Druid’s: ‘Companion’.

So as Volkon is starting at 3rd level, I’ll allow you automatic training success and assume that he taught Greyclaw all his 6 standard tricks during the previous few years.

This means Greyclay can start the game with 7 already trained tricks.

Your choices can be found in:

Page: 74 of the Players Handbook

Have a look and let me know what you chose.

4 comments:

  1. Exciting - I hadn't noticed that at all.
    I shall find time tonight to peruse the rules on Page 74 and update my character sheet.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your choices and glad to see you chose 'Track'. If you'd selected that trick before I rolled your survival start, you'd have done quite a bit better.
    ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I'd like to should "Not Fair!" but you are DM.
    I will settle for not killing me off before we actually play.

    ReplyDelete