Thursday 12 January 2017

An Early (Jump) Start


I’ve finally managed to start writing the adventure. Coming up with the blurb for the fake module, actually helped me focus.

I do seem to have given myself quite a big job though, as I want this to be the best D&D game we've ever played! 

I’ve just typed up the first encounter and I’ve had to properly create a handful of characters that mightn’t even be needed.

The extra week afforded to me by Scott, will actually be quite handy. I might even find the time to make those little paper characters for you.

I’m struggling a bit with the timing though. How tough to make it? How many encounters to fill the day-and-a-half? How much roaming freedom vs Railroading? 

Ultimately, you can all do whatever you want but I’ll need your help to keep things moving at a good but fun pace.

I guess the derailing will depend upon who David tries to rob or Assif tries to kill.

Also; ‘Everyone meets in a tavern’ seems a bit too easy and 'blah' for an intensive weekend campaign.

So instead, can you all make 10 x d20 rolls and email me the individual dice results (not total) tomorrow morning.

(No witnesses needed, as I’m not going to tell you whether a high or low roll is desirable. ;P)

On receipt of these rolls, I’ll post up three separate posts to give you something to consider before we start proper at: 

Saturday lunchtime on the 25th of February.

7 comments:

  1. Right - time to find my dice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 15, 1, 17, 5, 17, 17, 7, 17, 4, 20
    1st time using my brand new shiny dice. I'm liking the 17 bias.
    PS I steal to order not Kleptomaniacally...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Kleptomaniacally" - nice word!
    I absolutely take back my unfounded accusations - lets pretend it never happened. It would be churlish to start a D&D campaign with such biased views of our characters from the start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um.
    I have a friend's birthday on the 25th of Feb. In Lincoln. I've already booked a hotel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Scott has suggested Saturday the 4th of March.
    Any objections?
    :S

    ReplyDelete
  6. Other than it is soooo far away, no objections!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK - so I decided to use an "online dice roller".
    I rolled it a random amount of times and then logged the next 10:

    13 13 12 2 14 6 17 20 2 3

    Do your worst!

    PS - I want to update my equipment list - I'm including a mirror and might change my lighting options around a bit.
    I'll send you the update at some point ...

    ReplyDelete