Friday 27 March 2020

Racing to Redundancy

After a night camping beneath the stars, Demitasse wakes the others with mugs of steaming hot coffee.
It was amazing the amount of stuff Issack had hidden away in his magical, nonsensical pockets!
Marlon emerges from his tent, bleary-eyed and sluggish, while Sereena looks fresh faced and beautiful.
Forehead furrowed, Demitasse addresses the young sorceress.
"I've been thinking about what you said last night and I've prepared a sending spell to see if we can contact Bastien and the others."
Sereena smiles and Marlon can't help smiling himself at the sight of it.
"That's a wise idea. If he doesn't respond, at least we'll know that they're all dead and we don't need to rush."
Marlon looks confused.
"How would you know they're ALL dead? Might'n it just be Bastien?"
Both Sereena and Demitasse sigh in response but it's the young witch who answers.
"There's no way Volkon would survive if Bastien hadn't."
Marlon persists though.
"OK, Volkon's a bit reckless but Surely Nite' would?"
Demitasse takes it this time.
"If they got into a situation from which Bastien couldn't magically escape from, the elf's skills wouldn't be of much help."
The bulky Marlon stands up and towers over his two, much smaller companions.
"Send your magic message if you want then but I bet you a gold coin each that not one of them died!"

7 comments:

  1. Was this when they sent us help with spells we could do in their stead?
    I think I remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That happened in the post before last.
    This post is just general 'what were the henchies doing while the three of you were saving the world!
    I think that I finally accept defeat.
    Your memory is much worse than mine.
    ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to remember that this happened once, in a blur for us.
    You lived it for weeks before and weeks after.
    And yes, I have a shit memory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's fair and true.
    I put a lot of pressure on myself to make the adventure fun and (for D&D) rational. Everything and everyone had a purpose in regard to the plotline with several repeating locales, allies and antagonists.
    For me, this endeavour has been much more time intensive and has therefore stuck more firmly in my mind.
    That said, my memory is selectively weird.
    I can remember, quite clearly, false (in game fantasy) memories of our school days campaigns.
    I can actually remember running down corridors and battling Kobolds.
    On the other hand, I can barely remember actual school lessons at all!
    :S

    ReplyDelete
  5. usually I need a bit of a reminder before I remember things, ask me something bluntly and my memories ...er…..um....whats the word.....rubbish

    Nice to know that at least Marlon had faith

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should have just done a random, kick in the door dungeon adventure!
    :(

    ReplyDelete