Saturday 28 March 2020

Cute meet

It's just three days after the Party had split, that they reunite.
Although they'd travelled nearly a thousand miles back to Nom Pariel, Sereena, Marlon and Demitasse, had been reassured of their friend's success and survival and are all in good spirits.
Their phantom steeds dismissed, they walk through the sturdy new doors of the completely renovated 'Hole in the Wall' to see Rosey, Volkon, Nitendae and Bastien sitting around one of the bigger tables. Their laughter is infectious and Marlon joins in, despite not knowing what they're laughing about.
Sereena and Demitasse hand Marlon a gold coin each.
Demitasse smiles ruefully.
"That's one bet I'm more than happy to lose."
The three new arrivals run up, as the four at the table, stand up.
Words are temporarily lost amongst the hugs and back-slapping, until finally questions from both sides are asked and answered in a flurry.
Rosey signals to one of her waitresses and soon the table's heaving with a selection of hot food and cool drinks.
After about two hours of drinking, eating and tale-telling, Marlon reaches into his pocket and returns Demitasse and Sereena's gold coins along with another two to match.
Sereena smiles; True, Volkon had died but, thanks to the grey elf Soffic's mystical boon, he'd lived again to tell the tale.

2 comments:

  1. I just noticed most of your post times are really early in the morning, if im not working I don't get up till 9am.
    Nice to know we all got back to our booming real estate.
    I might turn my chest of gold into a chair so I can sit on my hoard, just like a dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't sleep that well but usually manage about five hours a night.

    In fairness though, I also barely ever work nowadays.
    :S

    ReplyDelete