Thursday 27 September 2018

The Second Offer

After you leave the ancient grey elf, you are led back into the main house by one of Abbot Elphic's loyal acolytes.

There, in the library, looking quite at home, you see the wizzend old gnome Saggassos, peeping out from behind a, far-too-big-for-him, desk.

 "Ah, hello young men. I can assume from your perplexed faces, that you've already spoken to my dear friend Soffic."

There’s a beautiful golden weighing scale in front of him and the little, long bearded gnome fiddles with it constantly.

“ Sorry. I can’t resist playing with the little weights and levers. It’s a problem all my people share.”

Saggassos' mouth cracks into a twinkly, crinkly smile.

“Talking of ‘my people’, we gnomes are a 'little' more materialistic than elves and while Soffic’s offer is priceless, we understand the value of more substantial things. We understand that you still must eat and plan for your future… Each of you will be well rewarded from the diamond mines of Mount Muniferest.”

Volkon, Bastien and Nitendae are given a purse containing: 3,000gp worth of gems each.
Marlon, Sereena, Demitasse and even Issaack are given slightly lighter purses containing: 1,500gp worth of gems.

Marlon and Demitasse look embarrassed but accept theirs.
Sereena licks her lips as she practically snatches the leather pouch out of the little gnomes tiny hand.
Issaack seems baffled though.

“What? For me? But I’m just an old bag!”

Saggassos smiles.

“So’s my wife but she’s not risking her life!”


Wow! Saggassos just gave the Party 15,000gp!

4 comments:

  1. Only me that found my end line funny?
    Bunch of savages!
    ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read it. Comedy gold. If you know what I mean.
    So, Isack really is a proper NPC now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Proper' is am exaggeration, if you're expecting him to contribute to your cause much.
    :S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aha, good old fashioned "her indoors" jokes!
    Keep it up the weekend will be even more fun.

    ReplyDelete