Thursday 20 September 2018

The First Offer

The next morning,  you are summoned to the Abbots sun garden…

The grey elf; Soffic is already seated and waiting for you.

“Good morning my friends. Hopefully you’ve decided to honour the fates and help us on this quest."
As you nod in varying degrees of affirmation, the unlined but ancient elf continues...
"We of the grey care little for material possessions, we instead strive toward mental, physical and spiritual enlightenment. As such, I cannot offer you gold. Instead I’ve been granted license by the high ones to share our ancient secrets of life and death.”

The tall grey elf leans forward and whispers…

“I offer you three choices... 

I can double your remaining natural lifespan.

I can enhance your life flow to add to your strength or intelligence et cetera.

Or 

I can grant you the ability to cheat death!"


To avoid any confusion, this means:

1) Plus, about another hundred years life but still going through aging process.

2) +1 attribute. Any!

3) Or almost instant resurrection. 1 minute (ten rounds later) All Hit-points, special abilities and spell ranks restored.

6 comments:

  1. Don't choose now. Think about it and decide when sat at the game table.
    (Second offer coming soon...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh you are spoiling us, such enticement. I 'was' gonna agree just for the jollies:-}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh - tasty offers.
    Mind you, it has been so long since we played that I have genuinely forgotten the name of my character.
    Reboot memory needed me-thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Volkon. That was it. Now - what was he like? And do I care about him enough to give him instant resurrection. (Because you know I will need it!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My in game generosity makes up for my real world meanness.
    Don't worry about your memory. I had to look up Soffic's name as well.
    :S

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bastien takes the offer of +1 strength.
    This tips him into 18 (+4).

    ReplyDelete