Wednesday 9 October 2019

Four-pack of dim bulbs

During our last session, Assif and I argued over a couple of topics.
The first was a simple Blind faith verses Paranoia debate, which I think we can just agree to disagree about. 
The second was about light sources. 
As Scott noticed early on, your main opponent in the last adventure was the problems associated with being underground in total and constant darkness. 
However, as Assif and I were arguing about your personal light sources and where you could stick them, none of us considered the fact that he (Volkon) was brandishing a two-handed ‘Flaming’ sword! 
(Sheds light as torch: Bright light for 20-feet radius / Dim light for 40-feet radius.) 
Not only that, but on checking its description in the Players handbook, I was reminded that approximately a third of magical weapons actually glow.
(As a Light spell: Bright light for 20-feet radius / Dim light for 40-feet radius.)

Having a quick look through your character sheets:

Volkon’s Two-handed sword doesn’t (but can flame on command).
Bastien’s two-handed sword does.
Neither of Nitendae’s swords do.
Marlon’s Warhammer doesn’t.
Demitasse’s Mace doesn’t.
Sereena’s Dagger does.

Make a note of this on your character sheets but frankly, between the swords and spells, I doubt you’ll ever have to be afraid of the dark again.

3 comments:

  1. reminds me off a nick name of an old work mate; 1watt - not very bright

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh damn it - I forgot about the flaming sword! Just goes to show I don't embody the character. Willing to ad a d6 to every roll but no thought as to what that looks like!

    PS - I don't remember what you mean by Blind Faith vs Paranoia. You sure it was me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I said: "Farm shops that sell 'Fresh eggs', probably just buy boxes of mixed eggs from Supermarkets."
    You said: "Idiot."
    :)

    ReplyDelete