Friday 19 May 2017

What’s In Me For It?


As Nitendae pulls on his dark-grey jerkin, the leather backpack slumped in the corner of the room calls out.
"Are you leaving?"
The half-elf stops momentarily and sighs.
"I’m only going to the market and it doesn’t warrant taking you with me."
"Hey, I don’t weigh much and I could be useful. I’m carrying loads of useful stuff and I could help carry more!"
Biting his tongue, Nitendae smiles instead.
"How? You’re so stuffed full of ‘useful’ equipment that, despite your enchantments, there’s no more space for even an apple or bag of dried sultanas!"
The magical haversack sags quietly for a moment.
"It’s just that I’m sooooo bored. When are you planning on going on another adventure?"
It’s Nitendae’s turn to pause.
"I’m not sure. Perhaps it’s time I had a chat with the others…"



No comments:

Post a Comment