Thursday 26 October 2017

The ‘double edged’ D20


For the sake of ease and speed of game play, we collectively decided to forgo the second dice-roll required to confirm a critical hit.

Fantastic!

Unfortunately, the advantage gained worked more for me (The DM) and all my monsters than for the three of you (especially Scott).

As, has been loudly noted, the monsters get to roll a lot more dice than you.

Do we want to reconsider this decision?

Ultimately I prefer the ease.

...

But then, I would, wouldn’t I?

:)

6 comments:

  1. Let's expedite things further and just assume you can never hit Bastien. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, given the current 'House rule', I can guarantee that you'll be hit at least one time in twenty and that the damage inflicted will be double or possibly even triple!
    :S

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm alive.
    I'm alive.
    I'm alive.
    I'm alive.
    I'm alive.
    I'm alive.
    I'm alive.
    I'm alive.
    I'm alive.
    I'm alive.
    I'm alive.
    I'm alive.
    I'm alive.
    I'm alive.
    I'm alive.
    I'm alive.
    I'm alive.
    I'm alive.
    I'm alive.
    I'm dead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny!
    Spend all your Feats on 'Toughness' to mitigate against dying.
    Actually, my maths is wrong again due to your Fortified armour...
    What's 3/4 of one in twenty?
    You'll be succesfully hit one in twenty but only criticaled? three times in eighty...
    Overall, that's not too scary.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, as probability doesn't happen in any particular order, you could simply be:
    You're dead.
    (Repeat ad infinitum.)
    ;P

    ReplyDelete
  6. With your green die of death, I wouldn't be surprised!

    ReplyDelete