Friday 15 September 2017

The Living Nitendae lights


My cousin’s in-game behaviour has reinforced my view that personality traits are as much hard-wired into our genetic code as is our height, eye colour and skin tone.

When we played in the university group, I was usually alone in my desire not to risk my neck or when we were forced into it, to stack the odds as heavily in my/our favour as I possibly could.

David played similarly. Always looking for a way not to put himself in harms way and to reduce the threat of his opponents.

In the battle in the church of Pelor, Nitendae suggested you lead the Ogre Zombie out of the desecrated church. If you had, The creature’s ability to hit and hurt would have been sorely reduced. It would also have allowed a more coordinated assault against it.

Later, in the deep cavern (while Volkon was trapped down a pit) I suggested Nitendae actively try to kill a few of the Drow instead of just skulking about out of sight. After David’s initial refusal, he begrudgingly gave way with the end result of Nitendae being immediately hit by two poisoned bolts and lying unconscious on the floor.

My bad.

Ultimately, Nitendae is David’s character to control however he likes but I’d advise you all to listen to him.

Nitendae’s recent transformation from Rogue/Sorcerer to Rogue/Ranger, might make him a bit braver but I doubt it.

Regardless though, his ‘cautiousness’ may just save ALL your lives…

5 comments:

  1. You dare to lecture the self healing cleric in platemail on the nature of caution?

    I learned that lesson from our last campaign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right of course. I was aiming the above mostly at the bare-chested Barbarian.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dokan didn't make much of an impact in my memory but a sorely injured Thesis facing the two headed giant?
    That image will stay with me to my grave.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you might say though that my cautiousness is more down to the unsurvivable character chosen. whereas Assif and Scott have considered better (maybe they know Kirk DM better) and have high HP high Ac characters.

    ReplyDelete