Friday 24 February 2017

The Cottage of Doom!


Brave adventurers! You’re just seven days away from your much anticipated: ‘Blood injury’ weekend and I suppose I should give you a few clues as how to find me on Saturday.

The Cottage of Doom sits in a tiny hamlet in a hidden valley between Cirencester and Stroud.

Unfortunately, the valley has no interweb or phone reception, so pay deathly heed to these directions…

You’ll probably come via the M40, pass Oxford and travel through Cirencester.
Your SatNavs should get you that far.

Lucky Scott’s a third of the way there already!

From Cirencester, head towards Stroud on the A419 (London Road).

You don’t want to actually reach Stroud though.

Villages here are barely strips of houses but look out for signs.
The turn off is between Chalford and Brimscombe.

Look for a hefty right turn into: ‘Toadsmore Road’.

The Cottage squats deep within 'Toadsmore Valley'.

Yes really!

Follow it up a steep hill until you see a hidden left into:  Dr Crouch’s Road.
(Named after the Physician who originally lived there.)

This Road leads to Eastcombe.
(Home of the infamous ‘Lamb Inn’.)

Before the Pub is a sharp left with a red telephone box on the corner.

Follow that road down until it starts to curve back up.

You’ll see a narrow lane on your right next to a sheep field.

There you’ll see a blue and white sign that says: ‘Unsuitable for  motor vehicles’.

Ignore it!

It lies!!

Follow it down a steep single lane until it comes to a fork.
Keep right and travel up a bit until you get to the hamlet of about half-a-dozen oldy-worldy cottages arranged up a slope.

Follow the road to the left until you come to a super narrow road.

Do not attempt it!

Get out of your car and wander down until you see a car shelter and keep on going…

In front of you should stand the cottage of Doom!

Dare you enter?



Little Bismore Cottage
Eastcombe
Stroud
GL6 7DG

Aim to get there for Noon but if you can’t find it, I’ll drive up to the Lamb inn to find you at 1pm. There’s phone reception there so text me and I’ll get it when I drive up.

My mobile: 00 44 7807 164754

Lamb Inn:
Dr Crouch’s Road
Eastcombe
Stroud
Gloucestershire
GL6 7DN

Website: http://thelambinneastcombe.co.uk

12 comments:

  1. Wow - that is some crazy out of the way place!
    Do I need a 4x4?
    What if it "rains"?
    Should you supply us with walkie-talkies?

    By "infamous Lamb Inn" do you mean "The Slaughtered Lamb from American Werewolf in London"?

    Should we bring bedding/sleeping bags/blow-up beds?

    Really looking forward to it, BTW :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about the beds; you and Scott have double beds and duvets laid on.
      I'll share the kids' room with David.
      :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks buddy :)
    I know it is pure selfishness - but you don't want to be in the same room with me when I'm snoring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you'll keep the wolves away.
    ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Google found the postcode, so we should be safe.

    Does anyone want to car share from mine to save parking so many cars? I'm happy to drive from mine... I'll have to anyway!

    Looking forward to it to. I shall pack lots of beer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm planning on getting down there on Friday night.
    David's coming up from Worthing.
    Assif might be worth an ask though.
    As for beers and snacks, I'll make sure there's survival rations.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. have faith in the DM's directions. I have found it several times following sat nav and descriptions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have I missed the time you want us there?
    I caught the 1pm safety cut off at the pub, but do you want us down earlier if we can make it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm aiming to go down Friday evening, so anytime Saturday morning is fine.
    I'll only drive/walk up to the pub at 1pm if one of you fails to arrive before then.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool. Assif and I will leave mine about 9:30-10ish so hopefully there about midday.
    I'm happy to leave earlier, Assif, if you would like to?

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK - I will attempt to leave earlier - I'll text you when I leave so you have an idea of when I'll be there.
    More time at cottage = more time playing D&D!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool. There's no rush, but I'll get up at a reasonable time.
    But note, if you arrive before 8am you'll be left on the doorstep :-p

    ReplyDelete